In-kind donations are always welcome, and an excellent way to support Groundwork Somerville!
Check out our wish list below to see if your trash is our treasure, and help the environment by re-purposing rather than purchasing. Items in the first section are high priority. Items below we are always looking for more of!
You can email us at email@example.com or call 617-628-9988 to schedule a drop-off (or pick-up if it's in the Somerville area).
High priority items:
- Bikes for the Green Team (Seeking adult-sized bikes in good condition with a preference for mountain bikes - they are easier to learn on. If you're unsure just ask!)
- U-Locks with Keys (or other secure locks) for our bike fleet
- Laptops (well-functioning, within 3 years old, windows or mac)
Other items we're always seeking:
- Gardening Supplies for South Street Farm & school gardens
- Always accepting: kids-size gloves, clippers, twine, hoses, spray bottles, wheelbarrows, scrap wood, storm windows, seedlings, big Tupperware tote bins, tape measures, etc, etc.
- School and Craft Supplies for educational programming
- High Priority: scissors, markers, staplers, crayons, butcher paper
- Other: scrap paper, post-it notes, pipe cleaners, binder clips, paper bags, outdoor thermometers, poster board, sheet protectors or plastic laminating sheets, old seed catalogs, compasses, magnifying glasses
- Cooking Supplies for after school clubs and the Green Team
- High Priority: electric kettle, dish rack, dish towels, re-usable forks and spoons
- Other: large salad spinners, graters, vegetable peelers, small jars with lids or small Tupperware containers with screw-on lids, electric skillets
- Bike Gear for the Green Team
- Bikes and locks (see above), bike lights, bike grease/chain oil, patch kits, tire tubes, brake pads, and any other bike maintenance tools and supplies!
Groundwork Somerville is a 501c3 non-profit organization and any in-kind donation is tax-deductible. If you do not currently have anything on this list and would like to help us purchase these items please donate anytime here. You can also send checks to Groundwork Somerville, 337 Somerville Ave #2B, Somerville MA 02143.