- This event has passed.
Boston Local Food Festival
October 1, 2011 @ 12:00 am - 11:00 pm
Groundwork Somerville will be part of the “Skill-Share” in this year’s Boston Local Food Festival. Come join us to learn about Vermiculture (worm composting) at 12:45pm!
If you come to check out our Skill Share, you can also enjoy:
- Freshly harvested produce and seafood from farmers and fishermen
- Scrumptious, $5 servings, featuring locally grown foods
- Entertaining demonstrations, Throwdowns and competitions by chefs and other food experts
- Lively local music of many cultural tastes
- Tastings of Bay State hand-crafted wines and locally crafted beer
- Engaging exhibitions and playful activities for the kid in all of us
- Interactive workshops, featuring local food leaders
- Food-inspired arts and crafts
- Recycling and sustainable practices for minimal waste
Visit http://bostonlocalfoodfestival.com/ for more info.